City officers’ efforts to save man’s life earns praise
Lumberton man turns self in for Sunday murder
Storm roughs up Robeson County
Police: Man shot while trying to rob Lumberton store
Lumber River Day mixes history, nature and family fun
- St. Pauls man charged in armed robbery - 7:12 pm
- City officers’ efforts to save man’s life earns praise - 5:08 pm
- Waste spills reported in Lumberton - 1:58 pm
- NC Civil Air Patrol to conduct statewide search and rescue exercise - 9:45 am
- Tribal Council falls short of quorum - 7:42 am
- Lumberton police seek man who robbed Dollar General, fired shot - 3:47 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:41 pm
- Job fair for ex-inmates on Friday - 10:06 am
- Storm leaves a mess - 9:23 am
- Bombs found in Hoke mailboxes - 9:15 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:38 am
- Lumberton man turns self in for Sunday murder - 3:52 pm
- Storm roughs up Robeson County - 10:02 am
- St. Pauls man pleads guilty to sex offenses in Bladen County - 9:42 am
- Maxton plans public hearing on sagging pants - 9:29 am
- Cummings re-elected as chairman of DSS board - 8:21 am
- Prayer service Wednesday for law officers - 3:56 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:55 pm
- Warrant issued in shooting death of Fairmont man - 3:54 pm
- More than 36 miles of Robeson roads to see improvements - 9:16 am
- Fairmont man dies from shooting - 8:41 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Lumberton native named next president of Wayne Community College - 3:47 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:01 pm
- Police: Man shot while trying to rob Lumberton store - 2:15 pm
- Renovated Rue21 opens in Lumberton with record sales - 11:11 am
- Fresh fruits and veggies are always ‘a perfect choice’ - 11:11 am
- RE/MAX in Lumberton announces new hire, broker award - 11:11 am
- Lumber River Day mixes history, nature and family fun - 2:50 pm
- EMS cutting time to provide help - 9:39 am
- Commissioners delay meeting until July 28 - 9:11 am
- Robeson deputy shot at while pursuing 5 for attempted burglary - 5:59 pm
- Red Springs man faces drug charges - 5:56 pm
- View Story - 3:57 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 1:46 pm
- View Story - 10:55 am
- McCrory signs budget; plan contains several items for Robeson - 9:19 am
- St. Pauls OKs ‘road map’ for future growth - 8:55 am
- Lumberton police seek public’s help in identifying robber - 8:42 am
- Black Caucus meets Saturday - 8:01 am
- Lumber River celebrats on Saturday - 7:36 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:21 am
- Drone piloting program to launch at Lenoir Community College - 8:14 am
- Attorney raises concerns about ASPCA ad featuring Raeford shelter - 8:07 am
- Officials identify fisherman pulled from Durham County lake - 8:06 am
- Man receives life for dealing fentanyl that led to overdoses in N.D., N.C., Ore. - 8:05 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:16 am
- St. Pauls seeks input on land use plan - 4:45 pm
- 2 teens charged with murder after Lumberton assaults - 4:05 pm
- PETA claims abuse at Sanderson hatchery - 9:45 am
Bombs found in Hoke mailboxes
SHANNON — Improvised chemical pressure bombs were placed in two mailboxes in Hoke County, near the Robeson County line, according to a statement...
Robeson County crime report
TheftsJames McDonald, of Coleman Street, Lumberton, reported Monday that someone broke into his house, causing $50 in damage to the lock, and stole hi...
Storm roughs up Robeson County
LUMBERTON — More than a thousand customers are still without power after a thunderstorm toting wind gusts as strong as 46 mph downed trees and u...
St. Pauls man pleads guilty to sex offenses in Bladen County
ELIZABETHTOWN — A St. Pauls man has pleaded guilty to sex offenses in Bladen County.Stevie Earl Bullard Jr. pleaded guilty Monday to first degre...
Maxton plans public hearing on sagging pants
MAXTON — Maxton officials want young men to pull up their pants.At the recommendation of Mayor Emmett “Chip” Morton, the town board ...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Robeson County Schools postpone Friday basketball games
Jeff Fipps, Robeson County’s director of athletics, announced on Wednesday that all high school basketball games scheduled for Friday have been ...
Lady Pirates win, boys lose at Richmond
Lady Pirates rout RichmondROCKINGHAM — The Lumberton High School girls basketball team claimed a 58-38 win over Richmond on Tuesday, improving t...
Tuesday talkon skin cancerLUMBERTON — Learn about skin cancer and enjoy a healthy lunch on Tuesday at 11 a.m. in Southeastern Health’s Com...
Robeson County health briefs
Workshops on Wheelsoffers camp at UNCPPEMBROKE — W.O.W. Workshops on Wheels will be offering four summer camps this year at The University of No...
Olympic events invirtual reality forSamsung users
NEW YORK (AP) — Athletes in Rio will compete to be the fastest sprinter and highest jumper at the Olympics this August. But there’s anothe...
Lions Club installs new officers
ST. PAULS — The St. Pauls Lions Club installed new officers and honored its Member of the Year Monday.Vince Schimmoller, the outgoing district g...
Gibson - HeisingerSteve and Patricia Gibson, of Vass, announce the engagement of their daughter Stephanie Grace Gibson to Joseph Kelly Heisinger, the ...
Lumberton Agricultural Events Center expansion coming soon
LUMBERTON — Long-awaited barns and horse stalls at the Southeastern North Carolina Agricultural Events Center could start to go up as early as n...
Coldwell Banker’sCarroll receives‘sterling’ status
LUMBERTON — Janell Carroll, an associate with Coldwell Banker Premier Team Realty in Lumberton, was recently invited to join the company’s...
Social science helps us understand economy
Intuitively, it makes sense to me that if our country wants to make housing more affordable we should impose rent limits, that if we want to help the ...
Smithfield’s restaurant reopens in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — After being on hiatus since the beginning of the year, Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q in Lumberton will reopen Tuesday....
Grants fund renovations at Alamac American Knits, Speech N Progress
RALEIGH — Two grants totaling $540,000 have been awarded to renovation projects in Lumberton and Pembroke.Gov. Pat McCrory recently announced th...
Robeson Community College to hold event for small businesses
LUMBERTON — The U.S. Small Business Administration will provide a financing event for small businesses on April 26 at Robeson Community College....