Lumbee recognition effort gets a boost
City man charged with murder
Commissioners lining up against tax increase
Cummings: Building is good bait
Plan strips food stamps from 2,100 in county
- Man under $1M on cocaine charges - 4:34 pm
- Commissioners short schools on budget request - 8:54 am
- Lumbee recognition effort gets a boost - 8:40 am
- City man charged with murder - 8:28 am
- Commissioners lining up against tax increase - 1:22 pm
- Cummings: Building is good bait - 1:05 pm
- Pre-schoolers screened - 10:45 am
- UNCP offering a variety of summer camps - 9:42 am
- Canady to hold book signing Sunday - 8:21 pm updated: 8:27 pm.
- ‘Lucky for him, things worked out’ - 7:23 pm
- Superintendent interviews begin Monday - 5:34 pm
- Plan strips food stamps from 2,100 in county - 8:54 am
- Tribal Council nixes resolution blaming Godwin, Porter - 8:30 am updated: 8:31 am.
- Fairmont board float pay hike - 8:13 am
- Black Caucus to discuss Matthew - 8:01 am
- Pet adoption on Saturday - 8:01 am
- Sweet treat, beach music - 7:31 am
- Four killed in I-95 record from Naval family - 8:37 am
- Matthew cited in Alamac shutdown - 8:14 am
- Fallen officers honored - 7:26 am
- Tractor-trailer driver blamed for wreck that killed 5 - 4:22 pm
- Alamac closing Lumberton plant, putting 154 out of work - 1:14 pm
- Tribal Council plans ‘slap on the wrist’ for Godwin, administrators - 8:01 am
- At least 3 dead in fiery I-95 accident - 5:58 pm
- Wreck closes both lanes on I-95 - 3:05 pm
‘Lucky for him, things worked out’
LUMBERTON — Burnis Wilkins is grateful for his law enforcement experience and training, and feels his educated eye stopped him from killing or s...
Superintendent interviews begin Monday
LUMBERTON — The Board of Education for the Public Schools of Robeson County will begin the next phase in its search for the system’s next ...
Plan strips food stamps from 2,100 in county
RALEIGH — Tucked almost 150 pages into the Senate’s budget proposal is a measure that would strip more than 2,000 Robeson County residents...
Tribal Council nixes resolution blaming Godwin, Porter
PEMBROKE — The Lumbee Tribal Council on Thursday rejected a resolution to reprimand the tribe’s chairman, administrator, and finance direc...
Fairmont board float pay hike
FAIRMONT — The Fairmont Board of Commissioners worked on the budget for the next fiscal year on Thursday with two goals in mind — finding ...
Black Caucus to discuss Matthew
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County chapter of the Black Caucus will meet at 11 a.m. Saturday at Greater New Bethel Missionary Baptist Church at 172 ...
McGirt misses 54-hole cut, finishes 5 under
LA QUINTA, Calif. — Jason Dufner had a good feeling when he made the turn Saturday at La Quinta Country Club in the third round of the CareerBui...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
Beautiful Baby contest returns
LUMBERTON — For one lucky Robeson County baby, getting the most votes will be beautiful.Registration is underway for the Beautiful Baby Contest ...
Glenn Miller Orchestra to play May 19
LUMBERTON — The Carolina Civic Center Historic Theater welcomes back a favorite touring big band that complements the setting of a historic thea...
Friends of the Library elect new officers, board
LUMBERTON — The Friends of the Robeson County Public Library elected new officers and members to its board of directors last week at it annual m...
New bookmobile is on the road
“The Robeson County Public Library’s bookmobile is back. The original bookmobile was a 1968 Ford model and began serving the community in ...
Chris Fowler of Elizabethtown and Lena Langley, of Roseboro, announce the engagement and forthcoming marriage of their daughter, Caitlin Renee Fowler,...
Last orca born at a SeaWorld park
MIAMI — The last orca has been born in captivity at a SeaWorld park in San Antonio just over a year after the theme park decided to stop breedin...
UNCP’s Visions Awards banquet Thursday
PEMBROKE — The Division of Engaged Outreach and the Office for Regional Initiatives at UNC Pembroke will hold its 20th annual Business Visions A...
Food service training classes offered
LUMBERTON — Food safety training for food service employees is available in May and June.ServSafe food safety certification training will be hel...
Volunteers key to the success at 4-H
Ready for something that sounds impressive? In 2016, adult 4-H volunteers gave 3,066 hours of their time to the Robeson County 4-H Program. When you r...
Farmers need detailed marketing plans
Many farmers are looking toward the 2017 spring planting season with some hope and optimism. Last year, farmers endured record flooding from Hurricane...
Matthew helps feed recycling business
LUMBERTON — Recycling is a scrappy business even on a sunny day, but Hurricane Matthew brought major challenges to this business sector in Lumbe...