Search for dad leads to Robeson County
Lumbee tribal administrator position in limbo
4,000 have applied for jobs at Sanderson plant
Lumbee court rejects districts, election delayed
A Trump makes quick stop
- Charlotte protesters rally at jail to support those arrested - 4:59 pm
- Fayetteville VA hospital cited by investigators - 4:58 pm
- Police footage access rules among new NC laws taking effect - 4:57 pm
- Despite grads, still a shortage of NC troopers - 4:55 pm
- Deadline is Friday to register to vote - 11:08 am
- Pembroke eyes master plan for downtown area - 9:07 am
- Industry considering bringing 184 jobs to Robeson - 8:50 am
- Pet of the week - 4:09 pm
- Search for dad leads to Robeson County - 4:08 pm
- 9-year-old reminded to register to vote - 3:53 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:04 pm
- Robeson dodges damage from heavy rains - 9:28 am
- Felon facing weapons, robbery charges - 8:40 am
- St. Pauls firefighter win Carnegie Award - 8:33 am
- Lumbee tribal administrator position in limbo - 9:26 am
- 4,000 have applied for jobs at Sanderson plant - 9:31 am
- Discounted tickets available for United Way event - 8:48 am
- NC Sen. Hartsell indicted for misuse of campaign money - 8:18 am
- Lumbee court rejects districts, election delayed - 9:08 am
- St. Pauls family targeted in murder-for-hire plot - 8:22 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:10 am
- Purple Door brings Neil Simon comedy to RCC - 2:25 pm
- New Panera Bread opens in Lumberton - 2:19 pm
- ‘Step outside the box’ with Robeson 4-H - 2:18 pm
- Finalists named for RCC’s next president - 8:01 am
- Robeson fair-goers should heed detour - 4:36 pm
- A Trump makes quick stop - 5:12 pm
- Pittenger: Rioters ‘hate white people’ - 9:26 am
- Calm returns to Charlotte - 8:57 am
- Hewett named chairman of nonprofit - 7:41 am
- Saddletree Fire Department hosts Community Day - 7:38 am
- Fifth man charged in August murder - 3:21 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 2:45 pm
- Food Lion stocks up My Refuge - 9:46 am
- Food Lion stocks up My Refuge - 9:20 am
- Food Lion stocks up My Refuge - 9:17 am
- Dial has not plans to protest ruling on Pembroke race - 8:58 am
- Charlotte still unsteady - 8:42 am
- Charlotte still unsteady - 8:39 am
- Company restarts gasoline pipeline after leak in Alabama - 8:18 am
- Company restarts gasoline pipeline after leak in Alabama - 8:15 am
- GOP opening could include a Trump - 8:10 am
- GOP opening could include a Trump - 8:07 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:34 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:31 am
- Lumberton man killed in log truck wreck near Fayetteville - 4:13 pm
- Protests follow black man’s death in Charlotte - 9:45 am
- State budget director tells Lumberton club economy is strong - 9:34 am
- Pipeline bypass done - 9:22 am
- McLean-Kesler joins Fairmont board - 8:49 am
9-year-old reminded to register to vote
LUMBERTON — Zain Patel has been reminded to register to vote with plenty of time to spare.Nine years.Zain, a Lumberton resident who is 9 years o...
Robeson County crime report
TheftsBobby Sherrill, of Douglasville, Ga., reported Thursday that someone broke into his car at Red Roof Inn on Capuano Road in Lumberton, causing $3...
Robeson dodges damage from heavy rains
LUMBERTON — Robeson County was spared by the damage of heavy rains this week that caused flooding, washed out roadways and even caused a sinkhol...
Felon facing weapons, robbery charges
LUMBERTON — A Maxton man previously convicted of manslaughter is facing federal firearms and robbery charges, according to court documents.Accor...
Lumbee tribal administrator position in limbo
PEMBROKE — When the Lumbee Tribe of North Carolina will have a full-time tribal administrator to oversee daily operations of the tribal governme...
Playing with an edge
RED SPRINGS — Whether he’s snatching rebounds, diving on loose balls, or powering his way to the basket, Eric Graham is relentless on the ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Local organizations earn Arts Council grants
LUMBERTON — The North Carolina Arts Council has awarded a total $18,416 in Grassroots Grants to four nonprofits in Robeson County as part of its...
Activities abound at Robeson County Public Library
One of my greatest joys has been watching my daughter’s excitement for the library grow as she gets older. Without fail, when someone mentions s...
Clive King drawings come to UNCP
PEMBROKE — Visual artist Clive King is bringing his larger-than-life drawings to The University of North Carolina at Pembroke’s A.D. Galle...
Southeastern Health doctor turns to yoga after wife’s Alzheimer’s diagnosis
Everyone deals with stressors at some point in their lives, whether it be emotional, physical or mental. For Dr. Somnath Naik, a physician who has wor...
Alzheimer’s walk set for Oct. 15 in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — The 2016 Robeson County Alzheimer’s Walk will be held at Wesley Pines Retirement Community on Oct. 15.The annual walk raises m...
Nutrition, cancerprograms at CHECLUMBERTON — Southeastern Health’s Community Health Education Center, located next to Shoe Show at Biggs P...
Testing soil can save money, optimize yields
In today’s economy, consumers are always looking for ways to save money. One of the most practical ways to save money is to have your soil teste...
Woody’s Bar-B-Q to open in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — Barbecue enthusiasts have another choice to look forward to when Woody’s Bar-B-Q opens next month.A year ago, husband-wife tea...
Rouzer to co-host economic summit
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The North Carolina congressional delegation will co-host the 2016 North Carolina Business & Economic Development Summit t...
Rice celebrates 30 years with company
LUMBERTON — James Otis “Bill” Rice has completed 30 years of service with image supply.Rice joined image supply on April 28, 1986, a...
Artist Market taking applications
PEMBROKE — The Museum of Southeast American Indians at the University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Kim Pevia, owner and CEO of K.A.P. Innovati...
Student insurancecost going up
If you have a child in college, I know you share my relief that tuition increases have slowed down recently. This fall, however, brace yourself.Fayett...