Two take pleas in murder of Fairmont High student
Former athlete at Purnell Swett shot to death
Dancers pair up for the Stars
Lawmen enjoy lunch on Wesley Pines
Man charged with break-ins
- Two take pleas in murder of Fairmont High student - 2:16 pm
- House fire kills 1, injures 1 - 9:35 am
- Former athlete at Purnell Swett shot to death - 9:18 am
- Dancers pair up for the Stars - 8:58 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:16 am
- Man dies after being shot at Maxton party - 6:18 pm
- Road work may cause water outages for some in Red Springs - 3:37 pm
- Rouzer to co-host economic summit - 11:29 am
- Rice celebrates 30 years with company - 11:28 am
- Robeson trooper urges motorists to ‘Arrive Alive’ - 11:09 am
- Barbershop giving away school supplies Friday - 8:48 am
- Lumberton Housing Authority, city hold Fun Day event - 8:01 am
- Man returned to NC to face charges in killing of 4 - 7:48 pm
- NC launches annual drunken driving enforcement campaign - 7:47 pm
- Libertarian Senate candidate in NC suffers heart attack - 7:44 pm
- Rabies clinic offers low cost shots across Robeson starting Monday - 3:54 pm
- Low teacher supplements cost schools - 3:48 pm
- Squirrel the dog finds a home - 3:40 pm
- Local BOE split on early-voting forumal - 3:29 pm
- $1M grant to benefit turkey plant - 3:22 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 2:20 pm
- New group plans to support Lumbee government - 9:06 am
- Robeson County men charged with sex crimes - 8:17 am
- Lumberton, Pembroke among grant recipients - 7:35 am
- Red Springs to celebrate Night Out - 3:35 pm
- Four Robeson bridges set to be replaced - 3:29 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:25 pm
- Lawmen enjoy lunch on Wesley Pines - 9:23 am
- Robeson commissioner named to Association of County Commissioners Hall of Fame - 9:06 am
- Godwin to try again with Porter pick - 8:56 am
- Robeson County magistrate appointed to domestic violence panel - 8:17 am
- Sit-in museum gets more time to repay loan from Greensboro - 8:00 am
- Panel alleges improper payments by NC congressman to aide - 7:59 am
- Tropical Storm Fiona getting stronger in the Atlantic - 7:57 am
- Robeson County crime report - 3:20 pm
- Fairmont man ID’d as wreck victim - 1:44 pm
- Tribal Council rejects Porter as administrator - 9:50 am
- Tribe gets Rowland toehold - 9:31 am
- Maxton to draft dress-code ordinance - 9:16 am
- McLean’s daughter to take Fairmont seat - 9:01 am
- Robeson commissioners replace Cummings on DSS board - 9:23 am
- Man charged with break-ins - 9:14 am
- Welcome includes helping - 8:47 am
- Robeson County crime report - 3:41 pm
- Pets killed in Lumberton home set on fire - 11:14 am
- Artist Market taking applications - 2:00 pm updated: 2:00 pm.
- Gunshots reported at Crabtree Mall; no injuries found - 5:06 pm
- Lumberton’s NE Park hits economic homer - 3:33 pm
- County to try again on DSS appointment - 3:06 pm
- Latest look still has Cummings leading in Pembroke mayor’s race - 7:04 pm
Barbershop giving away school supplies Friday
LUMBERTON — Supreme Cuts Barbershop will distribute back-to-school supplies at its 3101 Fayetteville Road location on Friday from 11 a.m. to 3 p...
Lumberton Housing Authority, city hold Fun Day event
LUMBERTON — According to Lumberton Housing Authority and city officials, their first joint-sponsored Fun Day, held Saturday at the Hilton Height...
Man returned to NC to face charges in killing of 4
GREENVILLE (AP) — A man has returned to North Carolina to face charges that he killed his two young daughters, their sister and their mother.Onl...
NC launches annual drunken driving enforcement campaign
RALEIGH (AP) — North Carolina authorities have launched their yearly drunken driving enforcement campaign that runs through Labor Day.State Tran...
Libertarian Senate candidate in NC suffers heart attack
DURHAM (AP) — The Libertarian candidate for U.S. Senate in North Carolina says he suffered a heart attack, but is expected to be mostly back to ...
Fairmont boys stay perfect, Lady Mustangs bounce back
Williams posts double-double as Fairmont boys stay perfectBehind a double-double from Alshaquan Williams, the Fairmont boys basketball team claimed an...
UNC beats Wake despite poor shooting
CHAPEL HILL — North Carolina got away with Marcus Paige having one of his lowest-scoring games because Brice Johnson came through with one of hi...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Robeson County Schools postpone Friday basketball games
Jeff Fipps, Robeson County’s director of athletics, announced on Wednesday that all high school basketball games scheduled for Friday have been ...
Is water now safe to drink?
Recently the state epidemiologist resigned over a disagreement with state administration as to whether the water is safe to consume for residents near...
August is winding down to its final weeks, but we’re still savoring the flavors of summer harvests.I was thrilled at the green beans, sweet corn...
Triathlon opportunity to transition into triathlete
Triathlons are all about transitions. During a typical race you transition from the swim to the bike and the bike to the run and you spend a lot of ti...
Nurse Practitioner Erica Peacock joins Lumberton Children’s Clinic
LUMBERTON — Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Erica Peacock has joined the staff at the Lumberton Children’s Clinic.“We are ext...
Saksith Smithason joins Southeastern Spine and Pain
LUMBERTON — Dr. Saksith Smithason has joined Southeastern Health’s Southeastern Spine and Pain.He will practice alongside Dr. Virgilio Mat...
Student insurancecost going up
If you have a child in college, I know you share my relief that tuition increases have slowed down recently. This fall, however, brace yourself.Fayett...
Dollar General buys former Walmart Express in Red Springs
GOODLETTSVILLE, Tenn. — The former Red Springs Walmart Express at 908 E. Fourth Ave. is among 41 stores that have been purchased by Dollar Gener...
The Depot Hot Dog Shop opens in Pembroke
PEMBROKE — The Depot Hot Dog Shop in Pembroke lives up to its name in more ways than one. Located near the old railroad depot station, the windo...
Freeman takes helm at UNCP’s Entrepreneurship Incubator
PEMBROKE — The University of North Carolina at Pembroke’s Entrepreneurship Incubator has a new front man.James Freeman recently took the p...
Renovated Rue21 opens in Lumberton with record sales
LUMBERTON — Rue21 is boasting more than a newly-expanded store in its Biggs Park Mall location — the local store also has bragging rights ...