Four-wheelers testing county’s patience
City officers’ efforts to save man’s life earns praise
Lumberton man turns self in for Sunday murder
Storm roughs up Robeson County
Police: Man shot while trying to rob Lumberton store
- Discounted rabies shots available in August - 4:03 pm
- Sheriff’s Office seek help identifying gunman who robbed store - 2:13 pm
- Pembroke A Wireless store giving away school supplies - 2:12 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 1:58 pm
- Robeson County to observe National Night Out on Aug. 2 - 11:14 am
- After turmoil, Sanders urges Clinton vote - 9:01 am
- Longtime city fire chief dies - 8:48 am
- Fairmont official dies following illness - 8:20 am
- 2 killed in wrecks near Lumber Bridge - 3:52 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:39 pm
- Freeman takes helm at UNCP’s Entrepreneurship Incubator - 1:00 pm
- Two Robesonians heading to Democratic National Convention - 8:01 am
- Recognition eludes tribe - 8:01 pm
- Tough times to wear blue - 4:07 pm
- Four-wheelers testing county’s patience - 3:47 pm
- St. Pauls man charged in armed robbery - 7:12 pm
- City officers’ efforts to save man’s life earns praise - 5:08 pm
- Waste spills reported in Lumberton - 1:58 pm
- NC Civil Air Patrol to conduct statewide search and rescue exercise - 9:45 am
- Tribal Council falls short of quorum - 7:42 am
- Lumberton police seek man who robbed Dollar General, fired shot - 3:47 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:41 pm
- Job fair for ex-inmates on Friday - 10:06 am
- Storm leaves a mess - 9:23 am
- Bombs found in Hoke mailboxes - 9:15 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:38 am
- Lumberton man turns self in for Sunday murder - 3:52 pm
- Storm roughs up Robeson County - 10:02 am
- St. Pauls man pleads guilty to sex offenses in Bladen County - 9:42 am
- Maxton plans public hearing on sagging pants - 9:29 am
- Cummings re-elected as chairman of DSS board - 8:21 am
- Prayer service Wednesday for law officers - 3:56 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:55 pm
- Warrant issued in shooting death of Fairmont man - 3:54 pm
- More than 36 miles of Robeson roads to see improvements - 9:16 am
- Fairmont man dies from shooting - 8:41 am
- RNC: Ohio delegation overjoyed by ‘Down Under’ speech - 5:48 pm
- Lumberton native named next president of Wayne Community College - 3:47 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 3:01 pm
- Police: Man shot while trying to rob Lumberton store - 2:15 pm
- Renovated Rue21 opens in Lumberton with record sales - 11:11 am
- Fresh fruits and veggies are always ‘a perfect choice’ - 11:11 am
- RE/MAX in Lumberton announces new hire, broker award - 11:11 am
- Lumber River Day mixes history, nature and family fun - 2:50 pm
- EMS cutting time to provide help - 9:39 am
- Commissioners delay meeting until July 28 - 9:11 am
- Robeson deputy shot at while pursuing 5 for attempted burglary - 5:59 pm
- Red Springs man faces drug charges - 5:56 pm
- View Story - 3:57 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 1:46 pm
Robeson County crime report
TheftsAmanda McIntyre, of Cradlemire Road in Lumberton, reported Sunday that someone broke into her home, causing $187.68 in damages to a door, and st...
Freeman takes helm at UNCP’s Entrepreneurship Incubator
PEMBROKE — The University of North Carolina at Pembroke’s Entrepreneurship Incubator has a new front man.James Freeman recently took the p...
Recognition eludes tribe
MAXTON —Leaders of the Tuscarora Nation of North Carolina on Friday asked state Sen. Jane Smith for help in cutting through all the bureaucratic...
Tough times to wear blue
LUMBERTON — Local law enforcement offices say that while they are being extra careful following the murders of eight police officers in Dallas a...
Four-wheelers testing county’s patience
LUMBERTON — Robeson County Commissioner Roger Oxendine is calling a growing problem with four-wheelers an “epidemic.”“It used ...
Pirates, Rams win wrestling events
LUMBERTON — Robeson County had all three of its wrestling teams in action on Wednesday night, with Lumberton and Purnell Swett earning top honor...
Rising to the occasion
ROWLAND — With his team facing a deficit heading into the fourth quarter, Red Springs coach Steve Sinclair pulled his starting guards to the sid...
McGirt off to best start of PGA Tour career
William McGirt is off to the best start of his PGA Tour career as he continues his sixth full season.Despite a lack of practice and time away from the...
Robeson County Schools postpone Friday basketball games
Jeff Fipps, Robeson County’s director of athletics, announced on Wednesday that all high school basketball games scheduled for Friday have been ...
Lady Pirates win, boys lose at Richmond
Lady Pirates rout RichmondROCKINGHAM — The Lumberton High School girls basketball team claimed a 58-38 win over Richmond on Tuesday, improving t...
Preserving the pipe organ
LUMBERTON — Organist and composer Mark Andersen’s agile fingers will once again bring the Carolina Civic Center’s pipe organ to life...
UNCP, SCC offer nursing scholarships
PEMBROKE — Nursing graduates of Sandhills Community College will receive a guaranteed $1,000 scholarship if they pursue a bachelor’s degre...
Diet program set forMonday at Biggs ParkLUMBERTON — Nutritionist Cameron Karrenbauer will present a program on the neutropenic diet on Monday at...
Artist passes on traditions, history
PEMBROKE — When Gloria Tara Lowery leads a workshop at The University of North Carolina at Pembroke, the local artist is teaching more than a cr...
Tuesday talkon skin cancerLUMBERTON — Learn about skin cancer and enjoy a healthy lunch on Tuesday at 11 a.m. in Southeastern Health’s Com...
RE/MAX in Lumberton announces new hire, broker award
LUMBERTON — RE/MAX Real Estate Exchange recently announced the hiring of a new broker and an award for broker Deborah Parker.Parker was granted ...
Lumberton Agricultural Events Center expansion coming soon
LUMBERTON — Long-awaited barns and horse stalls at the Southeastern North Carolina Agricultural Events Center could start to go up as early as n...
Coldwell Banker’sCarroll receives‘sterling’ status
LUMBERTON — Janell Carroll, an associate with Coldwell Banker Premier Team Realty in Lumberton, was recently invited to join the company’s...
Social science helps us understand economy
Intuitively, it makes sense to me that if our country wants to make housing more affordable we should impose rent limits, that if we want to help the ...
Smithfield’s restaurant reopens in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — After being on hiatus since the beginning of the year, Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q in Lumberton will reopen Tuesday....
Grants fund renovations at Alamac American Knits, Speech N Progress
RALEIGH — Two grants totaling $540,000 have been awarded to renovation projects in Lumberton and Pembroke.Gov. Pat McCrory recently announced th...